Key areas of structural section:
- Investigation of cytogenetic mechanism of the genetic alterations happening in species and populations of the cultural and wild plants;
- Collection of the di-, tetra- and hexaploid wheat and aegilops species, creation and studying of its gene collection;
- Studying of wheat evolution and detection of the novel genetic sources for generation hybrids having a high speciation potential;
- Identification of introgressions by molecular cytogenetic methods occurring between species in microevolution prosesses.
- Identification of chromosomes, detection of the alien substitutions and translocations, also chromosome aberrations in stable hybrid lines by molecular cytogenetic methods FISH and GISH.
Getting results of structural section:
1. It has been produced the stable branchy wheat lines which have a novel unknown type of branchiness controlled by single recessive gene.
2. The stable 171ACS (three-generic incomplete amphidiploid ‘Chinese Spring’) line has been determined as a source of the novel type of branchiness.
3. It have been selected the dwarf and short-strained forms in hybrid population derived from hybridization between the three-generic incomplete amphidiploid [(T. durum × Ae. squarrosa) × S. segetale] and T.aestivum cv. ‘Chinese Spring’ and have been produced the stable lines collection on basis of these forms.
4. It has been established, that Ae. speltoides Tausch. of Iranian ecotype is a weak suppressor of Ph-gene at wheat, and also it has been proved, that it has high combinational and chromosome pairing ability with tetra- and hexaploid wheat and thus, it is the donor of the second genome not only species of T. timopheevii Zhuk. row, and also for the rest wheat species.
5. Proceeding from the T. araraticum Jakubz. (Iranian экотип) grows in the same cenosis together with T. boeoticum Boiss., Ae. speltoides Tausch., Ae. aucherii Boiss. and Ae. tauschii Coss., it has been expressed an opinion concerning of the origin of T. araraticum Jakubz.: it derived by spontaneous hybridization betweenT. boeoticum Boiss.and Ae. speltoides Tausch.by doubling the number of chromosomes in received hybrid form, and also about the Iranian origin of this species.
5. It has been expressed an opinion concerning of the origin of T. araraticum Jakubz.: it derived by spontaneous hybridization betweenT. boeoticum Boiss.and Ae. speltoides Tausch.species and doubling the number of chromosomes in obtained hybrid form.
6. It has been shown that the controlling mechanism of the meiosis process for each wheat species was autonomous.